While it is cold outside, there are some fresh local goodies still available at our Farmers Market! Did you know they are doing some winter dates? They hold the market inside the Cady-Boyer barn to keep everyone out of the elements. The dates this year are February 13, March 13, and April 11. All are Sundays from 10am to 2pm.
- turkeys, farm eggs, apples, cider, red potatoes, garlic, carrots,
- natural meats, stuffing, artisan bread, a variety of frozen & fresh baked pies,
- spice blends, honey, smoked fish, salad greens, Winter squash, pie pumpkins,
- summer sausage, home made pasta, sauces, mustards, dried peppers,
- seeds, salsa, frozen blueberries, nut brittle, jams,
- flourless breakfast cookies & muffins, baked goods, jarred pickles,
- hand cut jerky, pierogi, and pasties.
- flower arrangements, centerpieces, dried wreaths, dog treats, and natural soaps
- Jacques’ Tacos – fresh tacos, salsa, chips and more
- Canton Center Bakery – Middle-Eastern pockets, pitas and soup
Did you Know??
Local buying could generate almost 2,000 new jobs and increase farm income as much as 16 percent, according to the Michigan Land Use Institute study Eat Fresh and Grow Jobs. Our five county area of southeastern Michigan (Jackson, Lenawee, Monroe, Washtenaw and Wayne counties) is home to over 5500 farms which account for over 10% of Michigan farms. By visiting Canton’s Farmers Market, you can do your part to support this local industry.