Here are high level, key notes from the Monday night meeting, provided by Barb Babut, HOA Board member:
- We are trying to check all the facts and all the issues and concerns that the residents have expressed (concerning the sex offender registered in the neighborhood and the group home/halfway house).
- Canton Township was contacted immediately to check into requirements for halfway houses. The State may also play a role in how this type of residence is established.
- We also had the officer there that patrols CHV and he was helpful in answering what the police report said and gave us info about the arrest that was made resulting from the man not registering his current address as a sex offender. He will have an upcoming court date, but as of today, his information is now current. It is unclear at this time if he has returned to CHV.
- We have engaged our Attorney for an opinion on the rental of the unit (or any unit for that matter), it’s use, and who may live there.
- KS Management will follow up with a notice to all residents with an update and the date of the next meeting, within the next 7-10 days. They will also include info and forms regarding the registraiton of rental units so we have current contact info for all rentals.
- This unit was not registered as a lease with the management company and we are digging deeper into that.
- We passed around a sign-in sheet for those attending and will make sure all residents are informed of what is happening.
- The next meeting will be announced in the KS newsletter and will be scheduled within 7-10 days.
- We’ll also post the meeting date on the website.
- We are obviously taking this very seriously and will keep eveyone informed. We ask that all residents be aware of their surroundings and report anything suspicious to the police so they are involved from the start. We also ask that if anyone knows of any rentals please forward the addresses so we may ensure we have the proper owner and lease information for our records.
The Board would like to thank all those interested. We will be vigilant to resolve these concerns and are very cognisant of the the sensitive nature of these concerns.
NOTE: The HOA Board will NOT be posting answers on Facebook, except to refer to the CHV website.