Be responsible for my dog’s health needs. These include:
- routine veterinary care including check-ups and vaccines
- adequate nutrition through proper diet; clean water at all times
- daily exercise and regular bathing and grooming
Be responsible for my dog’s safety.
- I will properly control my dog by providing fencing where appropriate, not letting my dog run loose, and using a leash in public at all times.
- I will ensure that my dog has some form of identification (which may include collar tags, tattoos, or microchip ID).
Not allow my dog to infringe on the rights of others.
- I will not allow my dog to run loose in the neighborhood.
- I will not allow my dog to be a nuisance to others by barking excessively while in the yard, inside etc.
- I will pick up and properly dispose of my dog’s waste in all public areas such as on sidewalks, parks, lawns etc.
- I will pick up and properly dispose of my dog’s waste in wilderness areas, on hiking trails, campgrounds and in off-leash parks.
Be responsible for my dog’s quality of life.
- I understand that basic training is beneficial to all dogs.
- I will give my dog attention and playtime.
- I understand that owning a dog is a commitment in time and caring.
These sound like great guidelines and basics for any dog living in Cherry Hill Village. Please note: In addition, Canton township ordinances mandate that all dogs must be licensed with the township, all dogs must be either confined within a yard or leashed, and owners must pick up after their dogs (a $500 fine is available for those who do not pick up the poop!).