Take the opportunity to give to those in need this holiday season. The CHV Social Committee is organizing neighbors to adopt families in need through Volunteers of America. We are getting 3 families and one senior citizen to help this season. You can help out in a method of your choosing:
1. Go shopping for a gift for one or more family members. For each child, buy one toy, one new outfit, and one Christmas meal for the family (with a gift card) (assume at least $75 in purchases). Volunteers for America gives us information about each family member, including toy interests and clothing sizes.
2. Provide a monetary donation:
- Your gift of $20 provides a toy for a child
- Your gift of $30 provides warm winter clothing for a child
- Your gift of $50 provides Christmas dinner for a family
- Your gift of $150 provides an entire Christmas experience for a family of four
3. Provide large used items in good condition. Some families may be in need of larger items like beds, appliances, or other large items. After we get “wish lists” from our families, we’ll let you know, and anyone who may have these items available for donation can provide them!
4. Help put together and deliver the gift package to the family. Families are local (Canton or Ypsilanti), and this is a great experience to deliver the packages. Girl Scout or Boy Scout troops are also welcome to help with this.
After we find out how many people we have interested in participating, we will contact you if you are helping out with the shopping or delivering.
If you are interested in helping, please contact Blake Crady at email@example.com.